What is Harp Therapy?
Harp Therapy is an art based on the science of sound. It is live music tailored to the patient’s immediate needs using healing musical elements, vibrations, resonance, entrainment, and intention.
With its vast range the harp can vibrate the whole body and its many colors bring up a variety of emotions to the surface. The harp's archetypal meaning and the ethereal effect of the glissando have a deep impact on us. All cultures in the world have used music to heal, and some still do. Our western culture used healing music and the harp until the Middle Ages.
With Harp Therapy I have found a way to touch people and transform their lives like no other. While a client is with me, the music does its healing while he or she simply has a pleasant musical experience. There is no need to go home and practice or do exercises. There are no pills to take or diets to follow as in other therapies. Without doing anything, through the week, the Harp Therapy carries on doing its magic and clients can see and feel the difference it makes. I am always amazed, but it never fails!
Harp Therapy helps with:
- Lowering blood pressure
- Regulating pulse and respiratory rate
- Better process emotional and physical challenges
Harp Therapy is beneficial from birth to end of life:
- Birth (including premature babies)
- Hospitalized children
- Intensive care
- Special children and adults
- Nursing homes
- Palliative care/hospice/end of life vigils
Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy
Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy® (VAHT) works by vibrating and resonating with all the tissues of the body, positively affecting the physical and chemical processes of the body. It also affects the mental, emotional, and energetic or spiritual aspects of the individual. Music played on the harp is amplified and the client lying on the vibro-tactile mat or chair feels the vibrations. Think of VAHT as a musical massage.
VAHT can help with:
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Pain management (arthritis, fibromyalgia etc.)
- Neurological health issues such as MS, Parkinson’s etc.
- Gastro-intestinal issues, (food intolerances, IBS etc.)
- High blood pressure
- Stress management
- Integrating emotions and processing traumas
- Increasing energy and body awareness
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system to support proper circulation and drainage
Children with Special Needs
I really believe I was meant to work with children with special needs. I truly love those kids. They have healed me as much as I have healed them. Like all children, each is different, so I must attune myself to each one and find a way to bring healing to their lives.
I help these extraordinary little people reach their potential through individualized interactive musical activities. I see them on a weekly basis and when they are ready, they join a monthly one-hour group session.
Harp Therapy helps children with:
- Language development
- Voice placement
- Hand/eye coordination
- Physical coordination
- Attention span
- Fine and gross motor skills
Harp Therapy also help children to:
- Express their emotions and needs
- Establish visual contact
- Come out of isolation
- Have confidence in the other and in themselves
- Interact within a group setting to appropriately react to others, to share, to influence, to motivate, to participate, etc.
Other Harp Therapies & Services
- Healing Harp Circles (group therapy for those facing difficult challenges like cancer, family violence, and other traumas. Participants sit in a circle each with a small harp cradled against them.)
- Nursing Home (groups or individual sessions)
- End of life vigils (I play to ease transition and bring comfort to family members)
- Bedside Harp Therapy (I play to bedridden clients at home or in hospital)
- Special Occasions (marriages, receptions, funerals, or celebrations of life etc.)
- Harp lessons
- Speaking, workshops and presentations (I am regularly asked to speak at various conferences or learning workshops)
- Special Events: Join my Facebook page to hear about events (meditations, labyrinth... ) or to request an event:
- Meditation (1-hour sessions with live harp music
- Labyrinth events (I play harp at your labyrinth event)
As a Harp Therapist and Consultant in Naturopathy, I am a member of the Alliance of Professional Naturopaths and Naturotherapists, therefore my services are covered under most major extended benefit plans.
"Every disease is a musical problem.
Every cure is a musical solution."